Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim's Progress

I know this a classic, but I have never read this book before.  So, my oldest was getting intrigued by the first few pages last night. It has become our new nightly bedtime story for all three of our brown-eyed girls.  Usually our younger two have their bedtime story without big sister there, but she has been cuddling up with our 3 year old listening in.  The challenge has been being patient with the many questions our littlest and almost 6 year old keep coming up with, while Sienna and I want to keep reading the next line.  You know the in-depth questions of , "Why is a bird in the bed?", when it is not a bird at all, but a profile of Christian sleeping with his head turned sideways.  That gave us a chuckle.  His face apparently looked like a beak to one of my girls.

The pictures have really been enjoyable, not to mention the great allegory that it is teaching.  It reminds me of the style of The Giant Killer.  No wonder I am enjoying it so much!  When we are all done, we will watch the movie version of Dangerous Journey.  Now, I will finally know what people are talking about when they refer to Pilgrim's Progress and so will my children.

No comments: